Your different pathway into Law

If you believe in your ability to study law, then we do too.

We know people take different paths to get into uni and even if they haven’t studied recently, can still be ready to succeed. If this sounds like you, our Pre-Law admissions pathway can provide entry into our Bachelor of Laws if you don’t qualify for standard entry.

Course description

Designed to assess your current ability, rather than fill a gap in your knowledge, Pre-Law allows you to demonstrate that you’ve got what it takes to be a Murdoch Law student.

Pre-Law combines online lectures and a one evening a week on campus tutorial.  The course and runs for the full semester, being 14 weeks. It equates to about the same contact hours, workload and rigour of a law unit. 

  • three online lectures covering an introduction of the Australian legal system
  • an online library tutorial session and library assessment piece
  • six online lectures covering substantive law, particularly Law of Contract
  • eight face to face tutorials
  • two assessable projects
  • a final exam.

If you achieve 60% or above, you could qualify for admission into our Bachelor of Laws degree.


The course fee is $750, including GST. Payment is due before the course starts.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible to apply, you must:

  • be an Australian citizen or have permanent residence rights;
  • not be a current high school student;
  • not be a current Murdoch student.

Places are limited to 35 students and approval for admission is at the discretion of the Course Coordinator.

How to apply

Applications for Semester 2, 2024 are now open. Students who are successful in the Semester 2 2024 Pre-Law course will be eligible to enrol in the LLB in Semester 1 or 2 in 2025.

To apply or to express your interest, please email us. We will send you an application form which you need to submit via our online admissions portal to secure your place. In addition, you will need to submit a valid identification document, such as a copy of your drivers licence or passport.