Do you need a place to call home while you study? As a Murdoch University student, you’ll have a range of accommodation options on and off campus.

Live in Murdoch University Village

Be part of a vibrant community of more than 800 students at Murdoch University Village. The village features a wide range of secure apartments as well as recreational facilities, including a beach volleyball court, swimming pool, study lounges and a student lounge.

You can also join the unique Live, Learn and Grow residential life program which will help you adjust to campus life.

The village is owned and operated by Campus Living Villages in close partnership with Murdoch University.

See what’s on offer at Murdoch University Village and apply now

It’s never lonely in the Village. You get to meet a lot of really interesting people and learn about their lifestyles and experiences in life.

Courtney, Murdoch University Village

Find shared or independent accommodation

If you’d like to live off campus, there is a range of shared and independent accommodation available to you. To be close to our Perth campus, consider the following suburbs: Murdoch, Kardinya, Leeming, Coolbellup, Bibra Lake, North Lake, Bull Creek, Winthrop, Bateman or Willagee.

Our student association, the Murdoch Guild, can help you find shared or independent accommodation through their student accommodation database.

They also have unofficial advice for living off campus and offer a range of clubs, activities and events you can join.

Find out more about the Murdoch Guild

Live with an Australian family

If you’re coming to Australia from overseas and would like to experience life as part of an Australian family, you can apply for homestay accommodation with Australian Homestay Network. You will:

  • be collected from the airport by your host family when you first arrive.
  • improve your English language skills by interacting with your host family.
  • enjoy the local community and culture with advice from local experts.
  • meet new people and attend social events.
  • benefit from support and advice provided by your host family.

Learn more about homestay accommodation

Are you under 18 years of age?

If you're an international student and under the age of 18, you need to follow specific requirements about where you can live and who you can live with before you can get a student visa.

Please read and understand these requirements before applying for your student visa.