Please be advised that our Social Program offerings are currently under review in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please reach out to us at StudyAbroad@murdoch.edu.au if you have any questions
Western Australia provides a diversity of experiences to explore - from the crystal-clear waters of Ningaloo Reef, to the awe-inspiring Karri Forrests of the South-West.
We’ve designed a social program for our Study Abroad and Exchange students to help you make the most of your free time and experience as much of Perth and WA as possible.
Social Program Activities:
Included as part of the program, the team will run activities specific to the Study Abroad and Exchange cohort. Our Social Program aims to introduce students to Australian life and culture, whilst connecting with our University Strategy Ngala Kwop Biddi – Building a Brighter Future, Together.
Murdoch’s focus on a journey to a sustainable future and becoming the first choice for First Nations People, is explored through our program as students have the opportunity to offset their carbon footprint and learn about the Indigenous people of Perth and Australia.
Examples of activities include but are not limited to:
- Caversham Wildlife Park visit (usually scheduled during the first 2 weeks of the semester).
- Walking Tour of Perth CBD
- Arrivals Welcome Event
- First Nations, indigenous, cultural Activity led by a member of the Noongar Community (usually scheduled mid-semester)
- Aussie Movie and Food Afternoons (various throughout the semester, inclusive of First Nations Significant Films)
- Australian Rules Football Game*
- Sustainability Project (tree planting, beach clean up, or similar)
- First Nations and Australian Art Tours of Western Australian Art Gallery
- Social catch-up and wrap-up (usually scheduled on the last week of class).
*Small fees may apply for participation in this event
Lasting 10 days and spanning more than 4,000 kilometres, the North West Trip gives you the chance to hike the mountains and gorges of Karijini National Park, snorkel in Coral Bay with humpback whales, tiger sharks, and sting rays, feed dolphins and sail catamarans in Monkey Mia, and sleep under the beautiful starry night skies of the outback. This is the ultimate Aussie bucket list trip.
Study Abroad and Exchange students have the opportunity to take part in this amazing experience at a discounted price of *AUD $1,700 per student, which includes transport, meals and accommodation (camping gear).
*Price to be reviewed in July 2024.
All Murdoch students are automatically Murdoch Guild Members! You will need to redeem your Guild Membership upon the start of your semester of studies.
With your NEW Guild Card, you benefit from a variety of discounts, such as 10% off coffee at our Murdoch Guild cafes on campus as well as some of the listed experiences below:
- Swan River cruise
- Mini Golf
- Escape Room activities
- Lumber Punks Axe Throwing
- Perth Quad Bike Tour
- Lancelin Sand Dunes ATV/UTV Tours.
- Surf lessons
- Rottnest Island ferry
- Rainforest Cruises
- Sightseeing Pass
- Entry to WA Maritime Museum
Find out more about student discounts on Murdoch Guild’s website section “Guild Discounts”.
Join a Club, there is a club for everyone!
Our Clubs and societies run different activities across the semester! From quiz nights to Markets on campus and Bingo nights. Each semester our clubs and societies together with Murdoch Guild, put a fun calendar of events for all to join!