The health industry is changing rapidly. Change is driven by an ageing population, greater consumer expectations, digital and technological disruption, the burden of chronic diseases and a growing focus on data and privacy.
This course is designed for recent graduates, those who may be exploring a new career in the health sector, and clinical practitioners looking for an administration, policy and leadership career pathway.
You can take advantage of our expertise in health research and teaching, with the opportunity to be taught by leading experts while connecting with industry employers at a local, national and international level.
You can choose to specialise in the areas of: health administration and leadership, evaluation and policy, or health informatics and analytics. You can also take a non-specialised approach for a broader and tailored pathway.
3 reasons to study a Graduate Certificate in Health Administration, Policy and Leadership at Murdoch
- Get involved in free workshops and seminars to help you with writing, statistics and analysing data, ethics, how to run surveys and research as a postgraduate student.
- Get support from course advisors and academic staff along your postgraduate journey – and be taught by experienced academics and senior health leaders.
- Looking to continue on and complete a Master in as little as 18 months? We offer a 1.5 year Master of Health Administration, Policy and Leadership where you can use the units you’ve already completed in this course as credit.
What you'll learn
Build the knowledge and skills you need to meet your career or study goals. Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- Health economics and finance
- Strategic leadership and management
- Health policy and governance
- Policy research and evaluation
- Organisational behaviour and management
- Health analytics and informatics
Your future career
Health is one of Australia’s largest industries, with more than one million people employed nationally. Careers could include:
- Health Manager
- Project Evaluation/Administration or Policy Officer
- Finance Officer / Chief Finance Officer
- Health Business Analyst
- Health Information Officer
This course supports the growing demand for health service professionals nationally and internationally in medical associations, consultancy firms, insurance companies, medical technology firms and agencies, hospitals, advisory boards, government departments, and non-government organisations with a health focus.